Can Diabetes Mellitus Be Cured?

Can Diabetes Mellitus be cured? Diabetes Mellitus is a medical condition of the metabolic disorder in which the sugar level in the blood becomes uncontrollable. Also the patient may experience frequent urination, acute thirst, acute hunger, etc.

Word cloud - diabetes

Photo Credit – Diabetes Care

This condition if untreated causes many complications such as stroke kidney failure and cardiovascular diseases etc.

There are possibly two main types of diabetes

  1. Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
  2. Type 2 diabetes mellitus.

Type 1 diabetes mellitus:

It is that category in which the body is unable to produce insulin. The standard question that comes in the mind of every person after hearing about the disease is that is there any cure of diabetes?

From the first time when diabetes was discovered until today, there is no cure for diabetes mellitus, both Type 1 and Type 2 unfortunately, but there is treatment available for both.

In Type 1 insulin, it has to be administered on a regular basis. Right now various teams of scientists around the world are researching on diabetes and finding its cure.

There are some theories that are proven to cure both types, but they are still in the testing process. There are grafting techniques for pancreas and the redirection of the immune system to prevent further attacks from Type 1 diabetes.

Other than this, there is no definitive cure of both the diabetes. More categories of this illness include the Gestational diabetes, which usually develops among women who are pregnant. In this category, the insulin intake fails to perform its effects.

Symptoms and Signs:

This condition mostly occurs in small children; however it is develop in people who are in their 40s or 30s too. The symptoms of this Type 1 diabetes are:

  • Weight loss in an unexpected way
  • Polydipsia
  • Nausea
  • Blurriness in your vision
  • Fatigue
  • Polyuria
  • Track infections in the urinary glandes

The symptoms of disease are usually sudden and its victims usually embody DKA (Diabetic Ketoacidosis).

Type 2 diabetes mellitus:

It is the category in which the body develops resistance against the insulin. It is also a metabolic disorder that develops due to high blood pressure. In type 2, patient has to take oral medication such as alpha-glycosidase inhibitors, etc.

In type 2 if a person maintains his diet and exercise regularly, then apart from the genetic factor, their diabetes is cured naturally.

This disease covers 90% of the diabetes patients and the rest of the 10% patients embody other categories of diabetes that are gestational diabetes and Type 1 diabetes mellitus.

People who suffer from obesity often develop Type 2 diabetes, but in some regions, this is genetically passed on to the patients. Also, people who already have Gestational diabetes can easily become victims of Type 2 diabetes.

Symptoms and Signs:

This disease can be verified through a lot of signs but a few of them are:

  • Thirst that is caused excessively
  • Facing problem in urination
  • Being constantly hungry
  • Wounds are slowly healing
  • The patient gets infected frequently
  • Some areas of the skin become dark

Type 2 diabetes can slowly build its roots up in your body and you might not know it for many years. So, it is better to consult with a dietician or a doctor to prevent it. Paul Carlyle and Dr. Evans  have one some research to find a cure for Mellitus Diabetes. Visit the official Diabetes Free Guide to find out more.